Our curriculum is designed to foster thought, curiosity and a desire for learning in all pupils, regardless of their backgrounds, strengths and needs. It provides imaginative starting points through a topic-based approach, where creatively-linked subjects are enriched by educational trips, inspirational visitors and targeted home learning. Our curriculum aims to be a gateway to opportunity and to a fulfilling and prosperous life in modern Britain and beyond.
Our curriculum is broad and balanced, providing a solid foundation for future learning and ensuring that the key skills in English and Mathematics are taught well through creative and enjoyable lessons. From an early age, we focus on developing pupils’ reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, as these are crucial to them accessing the full breadth of the curriculum. The whole school literacy programme is designed to create fluent readers, confident speakers and willing writers.
Phonics is taught to all children in daily sessions that are differentiated in accordance with pupils’ abilities, starting in Nursery or Reception and continuing throughout Year 1 and Year 2. We use the well-known Read, Write Inc approach to phonics. Pupils also benefit from regular guided and individual reading sessions.
Our curriculum is both coherent and cumulative, with an emphasis on developing, securing and mastering the skills required to meet and exceed age-related expectations.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Cultivate well-rounded, intelligent and socially-aware pupils
- Mould pupils into good citizens, with a sense of responsibility for their actions
- Encourage civic and social participation within the community
- Promote the development of young leaders
- Allow pupils to develop their individuality
- Empower pupils with the necessary skills and abilities to play a full and inclusive role within society
- Provide a solid foundation for future learning at every stage
- Deliver excellent results
To find out more about our curriculum, email email@example.com